Friday, February 13, 2009

I Need A Change.

I don't know if it is just because this winter has gone on and on... and on, or what, but I need a change. I love change, I want things to be forever different. It is one of the things that drives Kolby crazy about me (he doesn't like change).
In my old house, I moved the furniture every time that I needed change... it didn't always look or work better but at least it was different. Our new house has long narrow rooms and it seems that most of our furniture only fits one way... what is a girl to do?
The carpet in our den is old and grimy... Kolby and I have talked about taking it out before... so I just thought that now is as good a time as any. So at 4 pm I started taking it out, without intentions of sanding and refinishing what was underneath. It only took a couple of hours to finish. I am so glad that the floor wasn't in bad shape! I just put a quick finish on it and it actually looks okay.

This is the carpet in the den.

Yucky, hu?

Who would want yucky carpet
when there is this underneath?

Here is the finished product.
Not bad hu?
The good news is that all in all it didn't turn out that bad. There are a few paint splotches on the floor, but other than that it is okay. The bad news is... I still have the itch... I want MORE change! Humm... what can I think to do next, and will it be enough to calm the 'Change Beast' inside of me?

3 comments:

jasnbon said...

It looks awesome, great job!! You are so ambitious! Your valentine pictures are super cute!

Maleen said...

Wow, I am super impressed. I wish I could pull up some carpet around here and find that underneath.

Kandice said...

Love it!!! It looks great! Do you want to come and polish our wood floors too??? :-)Love ya!