I have memories of sleeping in the backyard as a child. It was so much fun to have summer and so we could do this... It is even better than camping,
cuz you can always go to your nice warm bed if you want to :). I am sure that I spent several nights of every summer sleeping out back... So it shouldn't have
surprised me when my kids were ready to do the same. But being the overprotective mother that I am... I wasn't so sure. Hey, there really is a chance that some creepy guy might just happen upon my children in the middle of the night in my own backyard. You never know :/ .
Kaysen with his tent that
Grandpa Taylor gave him.

K.J. and Hinckley shared the bigger one.

"Look, mom, I am a big kid, I can do this!"

"I'm ready for bed!"

Shelby is the biggest scardy-cat of them all!!!
Anywho, being the good mom, that I am forever trying to be... I broke down and let the boys sleep in their tents in the backyard... But not without consequences. I was UP ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I can't count how many times I checked on the boys, I even kept my window open all night and so I could hear every little sound... But all was well. The boys even fell asleep quickly! And no creepy perverts ever even knew... Needless to say I put the tents away the very next day and so I could get a peaceful nights sleep!
P.S. I thought that I would feel better if our big, mean, tough, dog stayed out with the boys... She wouldn't have it!!! She stayed inside on her soft bed under the air conditioner, thank you very much!
2 comments:
You are too funny! I will admit that I would be the same way, staying up all night checking on them, I check on my kids off and on during the night when they sleep in the house! The boys looked like they had a ton of fun though!
You are brave. I know I wouldn't let my girls sleep outside unless Dad was with them. Maybe I should send them all out together next week. Then I could get some real sleep inside. Who am I kidding. I sleep terrible when Tyler isn't there, but even worse in a tent.
Post a Comment