This is my 'Before Photo', I know that it is kinda hard to see
But there is a hill in my backyard.
I don't know why it is there,
most of the neighbors have one too.
So I decided to cut the hill down and make
a barrier out of the brick.
I did it the hard way... completely by hand.
I probably shoveled 50 wheelbarrows
full of dirt, all by hand.
Oh, and has anyone ever told you how
hard it is to cut and move sod with only a shovel?
I don't recommend it :) !
But I do like the finished product!!!
(I know the grass isn't much to look at
right now but it will fill in.)
As I was working I realized that I needed a
place to put all of the dirt that I dug out.
The kids area would be a perfect place for it.
But it too needed a barrier. So guess what I
did next? Yep, you guessed it!
Here is our new brick barrier around
the kids play area.
I even glued it together with 'Liquid Nails'...
That should hold it.
These projects took two weeks, and hours and hours of time. I think that I worked on them almost 5 hours a day for most of the two weeks. Phew, so now it is DONE!!! ...But not to disappoint, I have already started my next project... But that is another story that begins with me tearing out my WHOLE bathroom, just to start again!
2 comments:
I think it looks great! I love how you layered the brick, I was having a hard time picturing it because I have not been to your house in a long time but it looks awesome. I also Like the kids area, it makes it more fort like now. Good Job!
I can't believe how amazing that is. I wouldn't even know where to start on a project like that, but you must be able to see it in your mind.
We are going to be up there next week...can we come play on Monday or Tuesday, in your cool yard?
Post a Comment