Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick-or-Treat

Happy Halloween, Everyone!!!! I hope that you had a great one... I know that we did! The boys had fun parties at school with lots of games and treats. And then my sister, Kandice, came from Utah and gave us one of the best parties that I have ever been to. We played musical chairs, and make a mummy out of toilet paper, and we did lots of other fun stuff too. One of the best parts was the dinner we had!!! We had 'Swamp Stew' (chili), 'Bones' (bread sticks in the shape of bones), 'Monster Toes' (little smokies w/ biscuits), 'Vampire Fangs dipped in Blood' (apple triangles dipped in cherry sauce), 'Brain' (jello moulded to look like a brain), and 'Finger' cookies! It was sooooo much fun!!! The kids AND the adults had a great time! ( I took lots of pictures but I couldn't get them to download... I don't know why, maybe, I will keep trying.) All of the kids looked absolutely adorable (creepy) in their costumes!

Kaysen as the 'Hunch Back'

Hinckley as a Black Ninja

K.J. as a Red Ninja
This Halloween I also took the boys to their first 'Spook Alley' called "Dr. Slaughters House of Terror". It was soooooo scary and soooo much fun!!!! It was worth every penny (and all of the proceeds went to the DARE program). It took almost an hour to get through it. They had dance performers to watch while you waited, they did the "Thriller" dance... It was so fun to watch, their makeup and costumes were great! The spook alley consisted of tons of scary monsters, blood and guts, and lots of mazes to get lost in too. It was great!!! Although, it was definitely not for children under 6 years old... K.J. did good but it did give him quiet a scare :).

2 comments:

jasnbon said...

Sounds like you had a great halloween! It was good to see you guys!

Maleen said...

That dinner sounds well prepared and right up my alley. I did not get quite that involved this year.

Kaysen's costume is awesome (read: totally creepy). And I'm glad you had fun at the haunted housish thing. I don't think my girls will be ready for that until they are about 20.