Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Me... Baking???

Okay, okay, anyone who knows me knows that I don't bake... or cook! When I am ever asked to bring dinner to a family who is ill, or a dessert to a luncheon, or to bring something yummy to a family event... Off I go to the store to pick up something delectable. Rarely have I ever said to myself..."Hum, what should I bake (or cook) today?" It just isn't in me. It is probably my very least favorite thing to do... I would much rather be cleaning... even toilets! Don't get me wrong, I truly don't make my family starve. There is always something for the kids to eat for dinner, it is just never anything fancy. So, you will never believe what I have done... I baked bread! And guess what? It wasn't even hard to do. I must have a fabulous recipe because not only did it turn out beautiful but it was yummy too!!!

Can you believe that I created this?


The kids loved it, hot out of the oven, with
butter and honey melting on it.


Fabulous isn't it? Who knows, maybe one day I will actually like to create food projects... In the mean time I will continue to live on fruits, veggies, and rice cakes :).

3 comments:

Maleen said...

I totally need your recipe because those look FABULOUS!
And for the record, we would have made great polygamist wives, because I would do all the baking and you could do the cleaning and we would both be happy.
I love to cook. Maybe I should send you some of my favorite easy recipes. Then again, with that bread, it looks like you are holding your own.

jasnbon said...

K.J. is so cute playing basketball! I hope my kids want to play some day because I would love to watch. I have just started playing again after eight years and I forgot how much energy it takes! Your bread does look wonderful, I sometimes enjoy baking (only so I can eat it) and your bread looks way better than anything I have ever made! Maybe I should quit baking things and just eat fruits and veggies and rice cakes so that I can be skinny like you (nope, don't think I'll be able to do it)!!

Kandice said...

Yummy! That sounds so great! I am proud of you to venture out of your comfort zone and not just bake but to bake bread! Wow! Love ya!