Friday, January 30, 2009

Pinewood Derby

The pinewood derby is so much fun! This was Hinckley's first year to make a car. It is so much fun having the boys close together in age. Two cub scouts! The boys did a really good job making their cars! They did most of the work themselves (with a minimal bit of help from Dad). Their cars looked great and preformed well :)!

Kaysen and Hinckley


Kaysen made a 'Shelby Cobra'...
That looked just like our dog, Shelby!


Hinckley made a green 'Jeep, Wrangler.'


The track could race 6 cars at a time.

Grandpa Taylor, Kolby, and I had a great time
participating and watching! (Grandpa was the judge.)
The boys did great! They each got 1st place in a race! Their cars were fast and fun to look at. They each got an award and a treat after the race. Fun, fun, fun... I can hardly wait until next year :).

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I have to admit that I have really enjoyed all the Pinewood Derby's that I have been to. Your boys' cars look great. The Shelby one is very creative. I'm glad they did so well. I think the last car Tyler made didn't even make it across the finish line—something was wrong with its wheels.

jasnbon said...

It looks like the boys had lots of fun! Their cars look great!