Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ouch!

Christmas morning was so much fun! We had our little family time in the early morning then we went to my parents house and had fun with the cousins. After breakfast it was time to go to my grandparents home (we do this every year). The roads ended up being worse than we had thought. Kolby and I went down 49th St. It didn't look like it was that bad, but as it turns out we just couldn't see how bad it really was... Next thing we know we are plowing threw a snow drift that neither of us saw and then we are fish-tailing on the ice. I thought for sure Kolby would pull out of it (like he always does). "Hold on, Kids" was the next thing I heard. I turned around to check on the boys and noticed that they didn't have their seat belts on... it scared me to death! We had told the boys to put their seat belts on when we got in the car, I usually check to make sure they do it, but I didn't this time. My heart fell into the the pit of my stomach... Next thing I know, we are plowing through a barbed-wire fence, jumping a small ditch, and then smashing into a tree! I whip around to see if the kids are okay... And I thank my Heavenly Father that we are all safe. I am so grateful for this blessing!!! I know that the Lord is aware of our little family and that he blesses us with safety... This could have been so much worse. Kolby told me later that he thought that we were going to roll the car. Oh, that could have hurt my babies so badly. I am so grateful that the Lord protected us on that Christmas day! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

The Front of the Car Got the Worst!


The Paint is Chipped Off in Several Places
On the Dents.

This is the Rear Door on the Drivers Side.

This is the Front Passenger Door Dent.

And Here is Another Ding.
Yes, I think we DID dent every corner of the vehicle. I love and baby my new car. And as bad as I feel about it getting hurt, The real blessing is that none of the precious cargo inside got hurt! I love my family so much and I feel so blessed that we are all safe and sound!

1 comment:

Maleen said...

That thing looks like a tank! I am so glad that no one got hurt. Car accidents are so scary and it takes me hours to calm down from the adrenaline.